Here is a detailed guide on how to install and activate your CHILD THEME.
Method 1: Install from WordPress Dashboard
- Make sure you have already installed and activated the Genesis Framework (This is the parent theme).
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and select Appearance > Themes.
- Click on Add New link to upload your CHILD THEME and activate it.
- Upon activation, you can configure theme options on Genesis > Theme Options page.
Alternatively, you can also install your CHILD THEME by uploading it via FPT.
Tip: Both the Genesis Framework and your CHILD THEME should be in the same directory i.e /wp-content/themes/ folder.
Method 2: Install through FTP
- Download and extract files from your CHILD THEME.
- Login to your FTP and navigate to wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Upload your CHILD THEME folder to themes directory.
- Login to WordPress admin and navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- You can see your CHILD THEME in the list and click on Activate button.
Thats it! Now you are rocking your awesome CHILD THEME.
Stylesheet is Missing Error:
If you are getting a “Broken Theme / Stylesheet Missing Error” while activating the theme, then please make sure that you extract all the files to a folder and get rid of all the subfolders before uploading it.
WordPress detects a theme based on its stylesheet